Popular Posts

Monday, March 28, 2011

Waiting in the Trees for You!





The Brown Hairstreak (Thecla betulae) is a butterfly in the family Lycaenidae.

A pretty little (2.8-3.6 cm) butterfly, it is found along hedges, scrub, and wood edges but is often overlooked since it spends much of its time high in the tree canopy.*




My invitation for messengers was answered today when this image popped up on my computer... and it makes an intriguing visitor.

Fortunately, the Brown Hairstreak butterfly consented to make an appearance this afternoon but it is often overlooked since it lives mostly high in the trees.


I am wondering what it has to tell us about life.

The first thing that strikes me is its beauty. The design is vibrant though the colors are subdued… the creature is easily hidden, I think. It seems to be graphically appealing, possibly showing us how to accomplish our tasks…with bursts of full out energy that seem to expand in space.

I would guess it lives high in the trees because it is so spiritual in nature. And it is easy to miss because it doesn’t need to be front and center as it goes about its day.


I think I know some Brown Hairstreak people. In fact, I know several of them. They truly live in the moment, observing others and enjoying the energy they contribute. They are beautiful listeners, offering focused attention in a loving attempt to understand. When someone seems to need assistance, this butterfly does not hesitate to offer support…and often in very creative and unpredictable ways.

The Brown Hairstreaks are sometimes appreciated only over time…when their wisdom and insight become clear.


Are you fortunate enough to have this “butterfly” waiting in the trees for you?





*Free Clipart Network of Origen Music

1 comment:

  1. I am fortunate to know several people who fit this description! This is lovely. Would that we all could live our lives in this way...

    ReplyDelete