Popular Posts

Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Cheap Date






We all like to smile at the thought of having a beautiful experience on a shoestring. Some of us even consider the ability to enjoy this one of our finest qualities. Here is one of the best “cheap date” ideas I have ever heard of or experienced – GROUNDING.



I
am a newbie at this one but I have just engaged in this adventure and totally love it.

The fascinating thing is I was not consciously trying to do this.

I have been learning about it (and apparently soaking it up through entrainment) but I didn’t purposely go there. Apparently, I have been rewarded for the time and attention I have given to the concept for it just "Happened".
And I recognized it later when I felt its effects.


So much in life feels fleeting. We have a joyful experience and totally love the moment but then…it is gone. Of course, we always get more moments with the potential for more wonderfulness but just imagine if we could anchor or ground a moment which feels completely breathtaking.


And we can. By our awareness and invitation.


One of these moments for me was a leisurely stroll last evening (the Italians call it a passeggiata).

I had a great yearning to connect with nature in the country. It had been raining lightly yesterday and the ground was damp with wetness, the grass with dew. The frogs were croaking their spring mating ritual. The earth was perfumed with clouds of
lilacs.

The night was magical. I so loved it…and, without even being aware, I
grounded it for myself.


Another way of putting this, I think, is to say I moved it into my heart and gave it space there, sharing my residence of love.

Even now that passeggiata holds me in its enchanting spell.


We have so many opportunities to ground our beautiful moments and, when we do, we feel satiated…satisfied….in sync with the grace of the world.


To do this we need to be engaged in the present moment and moving with
conscious intention.


This can occur throughout the day…even in the most simple of tasks – in the breaking of bread, in the sipping of wine, and especially in the pleasure of knowing you are loved.


Consider this divine experience of GROUNDING and consciously invest in your treasury of beautiful moments…truly one of the greatest gifts of our human experience.

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we reached this place of "grounding" many times a day?

    ReplyDelete