Popular Posts

Monday, January 10, 2011

Conscious Intention


Recently, I posted one of my bookmarks on the Mystic Marks Blog. It was the one about beautiful sleep. Here’s how it goes:

I delight myself with the Gift
of Peaceful Slumber.
I awaken naturally
when I am ready
to experience
the Beauty of a New Day.

Although I wrote this bookmark some time ago the very act of posting it in my blog (on the world wide internet) apparently signaled a new step in my CONSCIOUS INTENTION for since then I have experienced several nights of sleep that arrived within seconds of hitting the pillow.

I usually have several pillows around me and arrange them in a very particular fashion when I am preparing to fall asleep but on these mornings I awoke and the pillows had not been moved…all night. Wow!

In addition, each of these mornings I was inspired to truly appreciate the beauty of the day and made the intention to do some very loving things for myself and others. The intensity of the peaceful slumber and morning aspirations felt like a new experience for me and I am thinking it is because of the very conscious expression of my intention.


I began to watch what was happening more carefully and yesterday I noticed another intention of mine manifesting.

A few days ago I wrote a blog article about how we are interconnected with all people and all things. During a very emotional moment yesterday morning when I experienced a very strong heart connection, I found tears streaming down my face and when I looked outside the window at the bird feeder, I could see snow dripping from the round plate over its top.… and it looked like tears…my tears. When I stopped crying, it stopped dripping.


I have read in many inspiring books that we create our lives and I have noticed this on many occasions, but I am struck by the CONNECTION between the beauty and intensity of these experiences and the expression of my very conscious intention.

So, now, I have decided…I have a new toy to play with and I know just how I want to use it today.

Blogger statistics tell me which countries have people reading my blog and this information is so exciting and connecting for me. One country, in particular, has had numbers increasing and that country is Russia.

Now, here’s the interesting thing about this. A while ago I was going through some legal papers of my mother (who passed away eleven years ago). In her strongbox I found a birth certificate stating that my paternal grandparents were born in Russia. This is something I had never heard before and I found it very exciting. Since then I have talked to members of my family of origin and my daughters about our Russian connection through citizenship. And, a couple of weeks ago, when I was looking at my blog, I noticed that someone from Russia was looking at it right at that moment and so I went to the blog and sent a message of greeting.


The point I am making is that I have been putting conscious intention into connecting with Russia and my blog attests that this is happening.

So, now, I want to use that beautiful experience to also connect with the other countries which are accessing the blog. I gave some thought as to how to do this in a fun, creative way and below you will see the results of my brainstorming. It’s an experiment to bond with people reading my blog and let them know I am holding them in my heart and in my consciousness.

So, here are the results of my curiosity and delight!


Fun facts/info about these marvelous countries:

Germany's Zoo Berlin has the largest number of species in the world.

The concept of jean clothing was born in the Languedoc-Roussillon city of Nîmes, France, from where it was imported by Levi Strauss to California to make tough clothes for gold diggers.

Star gazing: under ideal viewing conditions, like in the Australian Outback, the naked eye can detect about 5,780 stars.

Dinner in Chile is rarely earlier than 9 pm and can often run as late as midnight.


United Kingdom: The 409 escalators in the
London subway cover a distance every week which is approximately equivalent to several trips around the globe!


Poland boasts 17 Nobel prize winners, including four Peace Prizes and five in Literature.


There are 221 museums, 2,000 libraries and over 80 theaters in Russia.. Feel like seeing a concert? Russia has 100 concert establishments. It could be Art is more your taste. Then you can visit one of 45 galleries.

The Economist Intelligence Unit ranks Denmark number 1 in the world in e-readiness which indicates the state of a country’s information and communications technology

Lipizzaner horses, known throughout the world, originate from Lipica in Slovenia.


In the Netherlands most Dutch people speak at least one foreign language as well as Dutch and English.

The longest place name in Ireland is Muckanaghederdauhaulia, in County Galway.

The Trans-Canada Highway is over 7604 kilometers in length and is the longest national highway in the entire world.

South Africa is one of the most generously endowed geographic solar hot spots in the world, soaking up just over half of the world's highest category of solar wattage per square meter of land.

The necktie was invented in Croatia and is locally known as ‘cravat’.

Hungary has one of the most important thermal spring cultures in the entire Europe. There are as many as 1,500 spas in the country, adorned with Roman, Greek and Turkish architecture. Hungary also boasts of 450 public baths.

Some of the greatest pop bands and singers are from Sweden, viz. Abba, Roxette, Ace of Base, A*Teens, The Cardigans, Robyn, etc.

An interesting fact about the United States: the American One Dollar Bill is known by several slang terms. You can call it a buck, an ace, a clam, a rutabaga, a one, or a single, among other names. The term "buck" is probably the most popular. It comes from the fact that buckskins were used as a unit of trade in the "Old West.



I hope you have enjoyed reading these interesting bits of info about the Mystic Marks blog countries as much as I have had uncovering them. They are my welcome and my greeting to the parts of the world tuning in to Mystic Marks.

I encourage all of you to use your creativity in making your CONSCIOUS CONNECTIONS and then, sit back and watch the enchanting display unfolding just for you!

1 comment:

  1. What an intriguing idea! Our best thoughts, ideas, and desires are deliberately and concretely sent out to the Universe(GOD) and then, with full faith, belief and conscious awareness, we can start watching for hints of their fulfillment start to appear in our lives.

    Certainly worth a try!

    ReplyDelete