Popular Posts

Saturday, July 31, 2021

Gobsmacked!!!


When I was a young girl I was nicknamed “the lawyer“ by my family.  I so loved to consider, explore, analyze, debate and articulate my exciting conclusions.  In those days, I had earned quite a reputation for the delight I took in presenting my case of the moment.


I was inexhaustible in this passionate pursuit.  Mental  exercises were a daily practice for me.  They seemed to satisfy a compelling need I had to  understand the world and how we operate within it.


As I grew older I was drawn to the work of spiritual writers who seemed to be wrestling with the greatest issues of the cosmos.  I noticed they seemed calm and peaceful in their introspection as if they had discovered profound revelations about the universe.


I wanted some of that for myself and that stirring desire began a journey of many years of spiritual investigation and reflection in various subjects of interest to me:    transcendental meditation, energy medicine,  past lives, Kirlian photography, Lifeline, spiritual healing, Hakomi Therapy.     


As I considered the beautiful concepts I was learning about, I began to design spiritual bookmarks reflecting my thoughts and enlisted a web designer to create a website for my work.  


As we co-created together on this enterprise, my web designer recommended I write a blog so that readers could learn about my philosophy (a tempting invitation)  and, almost overnight, my Mystic Marks blog became a feature of the website.  Now, over 600  musings later, I continue to write about what has inspired me.


Most interestingly, the writings in the blog have not been sourced through the mental gymnastics of my earlier years.  Rather, they flow from a lovely wellspring in my heart emanating from moments of stillness and silence I have been influenced to practice.  


Those moments have become a treasured part of my life.  And they have provided the substance of what I have to say.


The  perceptions that reveal themselves to me are incredibly dazzling and original.  And they seem to appear in unheralded moments.  I do not know where they come from but I always feel Gobsmacked when they occur!


By the way, the word Gobsmacked Is actually British slang which means “astounded” or “astonished” and this is what I have been feeling...and it is Glorious!!!  


Additionally, the messages arising from the stillness are also always a blessed harbinger of what will evolve from this “opening act” for I begin to write without  knowing how I will present my thoughts, how they will be connected or even what those thoughts are.  I have learned to trust and to thoroughly enjoy the process of writing without knowing what will come next.  It has become my favorite way to create.


What am I tapping into?

What has Gobsmacked my heart?


I leave this question for you to ponder and I invite you to gently enter into this mysteriously beautiful place of inspirationwhere  apparently there is no limitation...only the infinite intelligence our hearts are seeking.


We have for so long sought action and accomplishment, logic and reason as the pathway to navigating our lives.  Perhaps our real connection to that pathway lies in the incredible experience of stillness where we find respite from our unending  lists and agendas for it is there that the Divine Universe  can speak so exquisitely to us and we can be Gobsmacked by the gift of its tenderness and love.    

   

                                           Marie Helena


image from pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment