Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Take Off Your Glasses and See*


I am willing to bet that each of us gets one or two blockbuster ideas somewhere along our life path that are totally transforming. One of mine occurred approximately two years ago when I began doing LifeLine sessions with Georgiann Voissem, a Certified LifeLine Practitioner. My connection to LifeLine actually began a couple of years before that date when I had jotted down in my notes the name of a book, The Power of Infinite Love and Gratitude by Dr. Darren Weissman, and a brief paragraph describing it. I have no clear recollection of when I had written this down or under what circumstances but it was unusual for me to write anything more on that page than the title of a book I had heard about somewhere. And so that powerful notation sat in my notebook, waiting for me to rediscover it at the perfect time. And when I did come to it two years later when I was wrestling with a constriction in my throat that turned out to be stress related, it was exactly what I needed.

At that time it was near Christmas and I had decided to put the book on my Christmas list. But something was urging me to follow through right then, so I bought the book immediately, read it, decided to find a Certified LifeLine Practitioner and that’s when I discovered Georgiann Voissem and my awesome journey began.


A little background on LifeLine:


It’s a philosophy, science, and quantum technology that bridges gaps between the conscious and subconscious mind. At the root of every symptom, stress and disease is a subconscious emotional pattern of reaction. When activated this pattern of reaction will cause both behavioral and biological stressors. The cornerstone of the LifeLine Technique is our view of symptoms, stress and disease. Rather than something being wrong with a person; symptoms, stress and disease are the language your body and life use to awaken you to your authentic power of transformation and create change.

DrDarrenWeissman.com


I have learned so many things from my work with Georgiann and LifeLine, but, undoubtedly, the most important lesson I have learned is this:

Whenever we are upset or disturbed about something, whenever we have a REACTION to an experience or incident, the only thing we need to pay attention to is what we are feeling. It does not matter what was said or done or who said it or did it, the lesson here is about what is going on inside us because if we are feeling disturbing emotions, this is an indication that we have unhealed pain.


And this reaction, this upset, disturbing feeling is gifting us with an awareness of where we need to do some work on ourselves. When unhealed pain is left alone, it will begin to make itself known through our negative emotions and, eventually, through problems in our physical health.


The unhealed pain is a doorway to a transformation which is freeing and full of energy and grace. I have come to believe that the person(s) or circumstance(s) that help us bring the unhealed pain to our attention are functioning as mirrors. They are REFLECTIONS to us of ourselves, as we are to them. And, here, I go even further…I have also come to believe that the behavior of someone we find so irritating, so annoying, so hurtful comes from a sacred pact made with this individual on a spiritual level to help us have an experience of awakening. Individuals who seem to have caused us the most grief have taken on a special assignment of love. They are helping us travel our life path. The potential good that comes from our realization of this and from our determination to work on our unhealed issues is nothing short of life altering and can bring such peace and freedom.


I realize this is not the normal way we tend to view the behavior of people and events that anger and upset us. Typically, we feel that something is being done to us. But the lesson here is that we are all One…we are here for each other…to help each other… only we are masquerading in very creative, adventurous and sometimes upsetting disguises while this process goes on.


Things are not being done to us, but rather for us. That very slight change of preposition represents the difference between feeling attacked, betrayed, hurt or angered and learning lessons about ourselves and healing what has so far remained unhealed.


When I began to look at life in this way (and it is not an easy transition, especially initially), my view of the world changed and my clear understanding was born regarding how we are all in this together. I now anticipate and expect new and important knowledge to come into my life by way of upsetting moments. I am determined to wrestle with the emotions and the new insights and learn something different about myself that will alter the way I feel and live.

In the end, it IS all about us and not to hurt or injure us but rather to help us heal. What a powerful moment when we can take off our “glasses” and SEE!


*title of this article borrowed from the book of the same name by Jacob Liberman

No comments:

Post a Comment